Sunday 18 May 2014

Houndstooth

I apologise for not posting for a while, I've been really bugged down on uni work and haven't had much inspiration or motivation to do my nails. What a first! 
This is my first houndstooth design. One of my favourite patterns on anything of all time. I have so many clothes of dogtooth/houndstooth. For this design I used: OPI - natural base coat, Models Own - French white, L'oreal - Top coat confetti, Sally Hansen - Top coat and then black acrylic paint. 
I really like the houndstooth design, it wasn't too neat because I am a leftie and I used my right hand to paint this. So I'm sure when I do it again on my right hand it will be much neater. 
I love the top coat confetti, I don't have anything else like it. However, it is horrible to get off so you're going to need to use the tin foil trick here ladies!
Also, I highly recommend the Sally Hansen top coat, it doesn't chip and gives the nail such a nice shine. Got mine for super cheap too which makes it even better.
More designs soon. I finish for summer on friday! Yay!
xox 

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I’ve just discovered this blog and I love your nail art creations!
    They look beautiful  Especially this one!!
    I’m looking forward to read your next post,

    ~Xx~ Julia
    Creativenails4fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julia! Thank you so much for your kind words! I have just checked out your blog - you have such creative designs! I love what you can do with a dotting tool, great inspo! xox

      Delete