Sunday 12 April 2015

Aloha poppies

This mani is part of the California nails #nailartapr 'Fave flower'.
I decided to do poppies because it is my middle name and I've also always wanted to try some nail art poppies. 

Polishes used are; OPI - Start to finish, MoYou white, OPI - Aloha from OPI, Nanacoco - Love black and of course Seche Vite fast dry top coat. 

I created this mani using a dotting tool to do the red outline, I then sponged on some white in the middle of the poppies. Once this had dried I took the same red and sponged that lightly on top. I then added the black polish with a dotting tool and small detailing brush. 
A little time consuming but I love how it came out. I was wearing it when the weather was super hot so the colours looked great! 
I should also mention that this was inspired by +simplyrins such a fab design she has come up with.

Hope everyone has had a great weekend! 
xox 



No comments:

Post a Comment