Wednesday 28 January 2015

Matte in the nude

 So this week is deadline week, I needed something low key so it didn't distract me. Yes this is true, don't pretend great nails don't distract you! 
For this mani I used; OPI - Nail Envy, MAC - Style tip, Sally Hansen big matte top coat and Essie - Set in stones.
This MAC nude has slightly pink undertones so I wasn't sure of at first because I have quite a pale skin tone but the matte makes it look great! 
I've seen matte nude floating around Instagram and loved some of the mani's I saw but disliked others. I had to try it for myself. At first I wasn't convinced but then I added some glitter and they really grew on me. 
My nails are all a bit of a funny shape/length at the moment but I would say this matte nude looks a lot better on slightly longer nails. 

It's so classy and goes with literally any outfit. If you're going to have a stressful week at Uni, you might as well have nice nails doing so.
Ps... The cut on my little finger is because I scratched myself. Square shaped nails can be dangerous.
I'll be doing IBD Just Gel tomorrow ready for my weekend away.
xox





2 comments:

  1. Is the Sally Hansen matte top coat good? I have never tried it but I'm very curious if I should give it a try... Your nails look lovely by the way :)
    xoxo
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you! I really like this top coat, I haven't tried many others though so haven't got much to compare it with. But it's super fast drying and leaves a lovely finish. I'd really recommend it! xox

    ReplyDelete