Thursday 19 June 2014

Letting the boyfriend choose the mani colours day


Who doesn't love a chevron mani - I do! 
For this mani I used: Essie - Millionails, Rimmel London Kate collection - Reggae Splash, L'oreal - Pop the bubbles and Sally Hansen - Top coat. 
For this mani I knew I wanted to do a chevron design but just couldn't choose the colours - I know it's a hard life right. So I gave the million dollar question to my boyfriend and I actually really love how the colours came out. I would never have picked the colour combo myself and I think it really works so thank you very much Aaron! They stand out so well together and it is a perfect summer/holiday mani. 
I love the Rimmel colour, such a gorgeous pastel orange and gives great coverage in two thin coats. At first I wasn't sure on the big brush because I generally don't like them but this one wasn't bad at all, easy to apply. 

In the past I haven't had lots of success with chevron/tape mani's and I fairly recently found out why... DO NOT LET IT DRY BEFORE PEELING OFF THE TAPE! Why did I always do this? The trick is to peel the tape off as soon as you have painted. However, you probably know this tip already, I'm not sure how I missed it! 
It's slightly upsetting that my index finger nail broke again - why is it always the index finger! 
So that's my mani for the weekend. 
Have a great (early) weekend nail peeps.
xox 



No comments:

Post a Comment